LSD Oil Additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD Oil Additives

Hello, tried searching for this and couldnt find it. Probably didnt look hard enough, anyway i recently bought a 3.73 lsd for my 91 318is. It had an open 4.10 in it and i flushed whatever the po had in it and ran redline 75w-90 synthetic in it no problems. In the lsd i was going to run mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic, my question is do i need to add anything to the fluid since its an lsd? Thanks

It should read on the bottle if it lsd compatible.

Comment

synthetic gear oils ARE lsd compatible and no additive is needed

Comment

But they usually don't have the friction modifiers that you want in fluid for an LSD. I'd use RedLine 75w90, which has the friction modifiers.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Ok thanks, if I were to run a non synthetic fluid additives would be needed correct? I'm pretty sure the LSD is a viscous clutch setup. Also Mr Ilia what wheels are those in your signature? Those wheels look Greta on your E30

Comment

Mobil 1 75w-90 LS has friction modifier additive in it. Just look for the "LS" right next to the oil weight.

If you run non-synthetic you'll probably have to get some additive. The additive is sort of expensive. A tube of Trans X runs around $9. So you're probably better off getting two bottles of the Mobil1.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by NickMav View Post
              Also Mr Ilia what wheels are those in your signature? Those wheels look Greta on your E30
              Thanks,
              These are Azev type A reps from Rota. 15x7 et35 with 20mm spacers all around. I like them myself too.

Comment

Working...
              X