Gweebo joint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gweebo joint?

What is a "Gweebo" joint? I recently got my car inspected, and apparently this joint at my transmission is bad.

Guibo.

These flex discs crack and fail all the time. The good news is that replacement is relatively easy! Check out this article for detailed instructions on this procedure.

Sold it.

Comment

It fits between the driveshaft to the tranny.
      Originally posted by KingB
      Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Its a flexdisc. Not a guibo.

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Yes, it is a flexdisc

Flexdisc or flexible coupler are what this itemis called. However, and I don't know why, they are also sometimes referred to as "guibo".

When I was recently having a rebuilt driveshaft installed on my car, neither my friend that owns a mechanics garage, his mechanics or the sales person I bought my driveshaft from knew what I meant when I said "guibo". When I explained I was referring to my flexdisc, they all said they had never heard the term "guibo" before.

Comment

Guibo was an Italian company that made them at some point in history, for some car companies. Or something.

For some reason they became part of the BMW lingo. unofficialbmw.com has an explanation.

I try to use "driveshaft coupling disk" so that more people know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
            X