Rock auto sells Single mass conversion kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock auto sells Single mass conversion kits

Okay, so upon ordering a new slave and clutch master cyls this weekend, I noticed that Rockauto sells a conversion kit from Valeo for $460.00 The cheapest I've seen so far. It includes the single mass flywheel, and PP, disk with oversized springs, and bearings. I think it's a deal, but they state that it will not work with motronic equiped vehicles? wtf? it doesn't have the sensor teeth or something. Now Im wondering if my car have that. I don't think so, but just want to clarify here. I have a swapped M50btu with the Dual Mass 240 tranny. ( I simply hate the DMF)
    sigpic

That won't work on a ETA engine because of the lack of the timing slug on the flywheel. But that doesn't apply to an M50 engine. A good choice there would be a JB Racing flywheel and appropriate clutch for an M50.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      That won't work on a ETA engine because of the lack of the timing slug on the flywheel. But that doesn't apply to an M50 engine. A good choice there would be a JB Racing flywheel and appropriate clutch for an M50.
      Thats right, I don't have a Motronik system. I'm running red label 413 DME. So it should work on the M50 since it uses the timming crank sensors and knock up front. The reason I got interested in the kit is because DMF sucks, and Im due for a clutch service. Since VALEO sells the conversion for a good price, Im really considering. JB racing flywheels are going for the $600 price range (just the Flywheel). This VALEO kit includes everything. The most affordable I've seen.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...453&cc=1012071
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X