Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch Switch pedal box & tranny swap help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Switch pedal box & tranny swap help!

I am swapping out a tranny. the donor car did not have cruise control, but mines does since it was auto. the swaps going good but, but i cant seem to find the clutch switch or cruise control bracket that holds the clutch switch i know it should be on the pedal box but its not. What i am trying to figure out is what do i need to do, because on most cars the clutch switch has to be depressed via the clutch pedal in order to start the car. Do i need to track down a cruise control bracket and switch to continue with the swap, or will the car start up with out the switch and how should i go about the wiring if the switch is missing

This is really throwing a banana:drink: into the whole thing.
    hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

There is no clutch safety switch on an E30. The car will start without the clutch depressed.

Comment

okay, as far as cruise control goes will i need the switch and bracket still?

Nice E30 by the way, i almost broke my neck to look at it,

Comment

Originally posted by jwiles View Post
        okay, as far as cruise control goes will i need the switch and bracket still?
        The connector for the clutch safety switch should be present, with a shorting connector installed.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          The connector for the clutch safety switch should be present, with a shorting connector installed.
          Where would it be located or where should it be located in my case?
          since the pedals i have do not have one.

Comment

The bracket for the switch is a part of the pedal box. The connector will be near the pedal box.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Don't swap the whole box, just the pedals. Your clutches cruise kill switch bracket should be right there on your Auto car.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X