thanks r3v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks r3v

whats up guys i finished my first "big" project on my e30 with the big help of this forum which was replacing my flex disc and csb. sadly I ran into 2 hiccups I cant figure out 1) I can't get these rubber donuts back on to save my life, I even tried to jack the muffler up itself and I still cant do it any suggestions?

And 2) after I followed the pelican article to the T the car was still shaking (tested it on the jack stands before I let it down). At first I did some research and found it could be bad U-joints or tranny mounts, but looking under the car it was still shaking at the flex disc. I've retraced my steps and made sure I lined up the drive shaft properly by painting it, I put everything on right, only thing I could think of is my torque wrench is a little off. The gauge is busted just before the 40 lbs -___- but I torqued it very very close as in a little passed 40.

Anyways thanks again for any suggestions you guys are great. Also, I dont need too much help, mostly with these rubber donuts ill figure the flex disc thing out eventually just gotta tinker with it.

Most often the reason the guibo and the CSB go bad is because the middle U-joint is bad.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

well thats good news lol. Alright thanks ill look into that

Comment

Working...
      X