Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another auto to manual swap, flywheel confussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another auto to manual swap, flywheel confussion!

OK, guys I have been searching for my answer for bout a week now. I have found some contradicting things, for example one thread says that the 260.0.1346.90 tranny is an "I" tranny with shallow bell housing and no sensor ports. Problem here is that this is the transmission I have here and it has the ports, actually still had sensors in it when I bought it. Either way that isn't my worry, what I would like to know is if I can use a single mass flywheel with this tranny without modifications. Some guys mention using a 30mm TOB when switching from dual to single, I don't know if this tranny was used with a dual or a single. I measured the slave flange to bell housing edge and I am getting 6 1/4" that doesn't sound right. From what I have gathered they have to be either 6 1/2 " or 6 7/8", am I supposed to measure from the outer side of the slave flange ( that seems like the only logical explanation) I appreciate any input on this. I just want to get it right the first time, can't afford any redos.

Thanks in advance

Alex

read the whole thread. Lots of good info. You question should be answered. it's only 2 or so pages long.
    '87 325is [because racecar]
    '81 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD {summer dd}
    '97 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited (winter dd)

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
      Originally posted by blunttech
      so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Working...
      X