Automatic help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic help

This is somewhat of a repost from another thread but since it's drivetrain related I'm hoping to get some ideas as to what's happening here...

'84 eta m20, I just did a 4.10 diff swap and I'm thinking it's just too low for my likes. 2500 rpm at 60 mph does not make my eta happy. After 15 mins on the freeway, my car didn't want to go into revesre...I am wondering if the fluid got too hot or caused some trans. valve to get sticky.

The gear selector would engage R, but no movement with revs. Drive was fine. After engaging R and revving a little higher seemed to get the fluid flowing and eventually engaged. It's been a day and so far Reverse seems back to normal.

Trans fluid level was fine and changed trans filter/oil last year. Engine temps normal as well.

I know...autotragic, but different symptoms from the 4hp22 "clutch pack A" failures.

Any ideas?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

That's the first symptom of a failing transmission that's how mine started before I lost reverse completely. Start searching for a new one or a manual swap with a 3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
    X