Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSD leaking from both output flanges. Wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD leaking from both output flanges. Wtf?

So my car has been sitting in the garage for 2 months and when I finally have the resources and parts to put it back together, I look in the floor and I see a small puddle (probably the diameter of a CD) right under the diff.

I follow the "wet marks" and I realize they are coming from not one, but both output flanges (connecting to the half shafts).

I have an e28 535iS lsd and I had to swap the output flanges with the ones from my old open diff, and that's definetly have something to do with it.

Any ideas/explanations?

- Erick
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

the seals had formed to the E28 shafts, and then when you put e30 shafts in, there were probally some small differences, just install new seals.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

To change those, its real easy just FYI. Unbolt the halfshafts and drop em down. Pry on opposite sides of the flanges and they pop out. Then pry out the rubber seals behind em. Although you might already know that ;)

Will
      RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
      Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
      DaveCN = Old Man
      My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Been there, done that. Thanks tho, I will probably do it tomorrow. I'll change the fluid again (although 1000 miles old)

My LSD takes a huge beating and it would probably appreciate the gesture.
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
        X