rebuilding Gertrag 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebuilding Gertrag 240

Looking for the best info source on the Gertrag 240. want to open it up. go through it.

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Also interested. I know catuned rebuilds 260s but I don't know where they source their parts from.

-NICK

Comment

I don't know how different the 240 is from the 260 but I've opened up my 260 once and am doing it again tomorrow to replace the countershaft bearing. I've already replaced the input shaft bearing on it and I should have done the countershaft then....but I didn't. I took many pictures and can post them up if it would help you guys out any. splitting the case is actually pretty easy once you get a few items from your regular Home Depot.
      sigpic
      Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
        I don't know how different the 240 is from the 260 but I've opened up my 260 once and am doing it again tomorrow to replace the countershaft bearing. I've already replaced the input shaft bearing on it and I should have done the countershaft then....but I didn't. I took many pictures and can post them up if it would help you guys out any. splitting the case is actually pretty easy once you get a few items from your regular Home Depot.
        Yes please! Write up time.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I don't have time right now to do a write up but I can if that would help you guys. I also have 71 images but I don't think that admins would like that I put all of them on here so let me find a way to get them uploaded and share them with you guys.

Below are just some of the images.

Some of the tools needed, a couple are home made.

The first time I removed Trans a year ago

Old Input shaft Bearing

New vs Old

Old Countershaft bearing

Final product a year ago
          sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Good pictorial. What year bug?
            09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
            05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
            87 BMW 325is
            a few bicycles

Comment

Originally posted by RobE30 View Post
              Good pictorial. What year bug?
              The bug you see in the pic is actually just a complete (minus drivetrain) backhalf of a 74. I bought it to cut out the drivers side rear quater panel and fix my 74 SB. The PO of my 74 had drilled 62 1/4" holes on the rear quater where the fender meets body and put 2" of bondo instead of fixing the car like it should have. I was young when I bought it and didn't know any better.

On a different note I removed my trans last night and split it this morning. What I found was NOT good. I have a thread where I'll be posting pictures of my findings later tonight.
              sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
              X