24v swap CSB orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24v swap CSB orientation

I can't get the driveshaft to line up straight front to back. It looks like it goes straight from transmission to CSB and then crooks to the right (passenger) side from the CSB to the differential.

I put the E30 CSB on the driveshaft in what I thought was backwards but now I'm not sure. Which side does the long side of the CSB carrier bolt to (driver or passenger)? Right now I have it with the short arm of the carrier bolted to the driver side and the long arm bolted to the passenger side. The CSB has a rubber lip on it that looks like it should have pointed toward the front of the car. I have it toward the rear of the car.

Here is a picture of the driveshaft and the E36 CSB I pulled off with the lip I am talking about that I have pointed toward the rear of the car.
    Attached Files
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

I'm going through this right now. The offset should be *towards* the passenger side (short arm on passenger side), just like the diff, to maintain a straight line. Also, it looks like you didn't pull the bearing off... just the outer part... which is *also* what I'm going through right now.

Comment

Working...
    X