transmission problems 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission problems 318is

I have had an on going problem with my trans in my 318is ( I have tried the search function)...

When cold, shifter will not go into any gear, you must shut the vehicle off and put shifter into first or reverse and then start it. It will shift ok until I come to another stop after which it will not go into gear and makes a very faint humming noise when trying to put into gear. Sometimes it will move itself forward with the clutch pedal depressed while you are trying to put it into first. When decelerating in third or sometimes second it gets stuck in gear and will not come out easily. My best guess at this point is the clutch master cylinder, however the pedal feels fine and moves freely as it has been doing for over six months. I replaced the clutch about 30k ago as well as changed the transmission fluid last night with redline gear oil. As I have already stated above I treid the search function and came up short.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Ryan

From reviewing what you wrote it appears you friction plate is still engaged slightly when your pedal is depressed.

Comment

I can definently feel that it is not fully disengaged, I am going to bleed the clutch slave cylinder tonight and see what happens...

Comment

Working...
      X