Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSSR for car with 180mm SR

Hi guys,

Working on a 1988 325 and I just wanted to confirm a tip that I read on another forum from someone here.

Turns out my car has an 180mm Selector Rod and I foolishly ordered the 187mm DSSR thinking all e30's were the same. Just wondering if I have this correct....

The selector joint from a 9/94+ e36 is 9mm shorter than the stock 89-8/94 joint. So if I was to combine this with the 189mm DSSR for an e36 325i I should be golden with everything adding back up to 180mm?

Or as an alternative has anyone used the CAE adjustable DSSR?

Thanks in advance!

Out of curiosity does anyone know why the selector rod on my car is 180mm as opposed to 187mm? What dictates this measurement? My specific transmission? It's the good old Getrag 260 but the red tag edition. Never would have thought that would matter...

To clarify this is a super eta car. Do all eta cars have the 180mm selector rod? I have seen cases where the DSSR has been installed on eta cars so I never considered there could be different rod lengths.

Sorry...thinking out loud now...unless the motor is mounted back 7mm for some reason...

Any and all insight is appreciated.
    Last edited by faulknern; 09-17-2014, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X