Throw Out Bearing spacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw Out Bearing spacer?

instead of buying a euro throw out bearing for the deeper Eta bell housing and single mass flywheel, i was thinking could i possibly make a weld in spacer ether on the fork, or the ears of the bearing it self to not have to worry if the euro TOB ever goes NLA and then im boned, also its r3v and im a cheap fuck and i have a welder ;D

also would i need a particular steel on one side or the other so it would not wear away?

Shouldn't wear at all if you put it in the right spot but don't weld it to anything. All it needs to be is a large 1/4" thick washer between the fork and the bearing.

Comment

would it rattle around though? that's why I would just do a couple tacks on the ears and be done with it

Comment

I've been thinking about this as well. I bought a master clutch kit an already have a brand new throwout bearing from the kit.

Here's another idea. What about making a longer fork pivot point from a bolt with a rounded end or a crown nut on the end? Would that not work just as well?
        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X