Let me poke your brains for a sec.

I did the swap about a year ago, I have:
    M50TU
    ZF 320
    M20 clutch Disc
    Single Mass FW with spacer
    328 Slave and Master
    Had m20 TOB now euro 323

When I had the m20 TOB I had to really press the pedal into the carpet to get the clutch to disengage so that I can get into gear smoothly. As time went on it got more and more difficult until it simply wouldn't go into gear anymore. I popped in the 323 tob hoping that the extra length on it would help the situation and it goes into gear now with difficulties.

I also found that if i get my foot behind the pedal and pull up on it before i press down on it, it shifts butter smooth. While it works, it's not supposed to be that way. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? Suggestions?

Does anyone have experience with this motor/trans/clutch combo and what's your setup?

Originally posted by Panch007 View Post
    Hey Guys

Let me poke your brains for a sec.

I did the swap about a year ago, I have:
    M50TU
    ZF 320
    M20 clutch Disc
    Single Mass FW with spacer
    328 Slave and Master
    Had m20 TOB now euro 323

When I had the m20 TOB I had to really press the pedal into the carpet to get the clutch to disengage so that I can get into gear smoothly. As time went on it got more and more difficult until it simply wouldn't go into gear anymore. I popped in the 323 tob hoping that the extra length on it would help the situation and it goes into gear now with difficulties.

I also found that if i get my foot behind the pedal and pull up on it before i press down on it, it shifts butter smooth. While it works, it's not supposed to be that way. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? Suggestions?

Sounds like you have 2 problems;

1. Worn out clutch hydrolics (master and slave need to be changed) as you get better engagement with pulling on the pedal with your foot before pressing down- Change BOTH master and slave with new parts.

2. Wrong combination of parts inside the bellhousing

we are running a 24v engine + ZF 320 5 speed + with M20 flywheel and M20 clutch set; all original USA parts. Went in perfect and has done 50+ hours racing

the flywheel was shaved flat and balanced to remove the ridge in the back that fouls the 24v oil pan.

NO SPACER NEEDED to mount M20 flywheel to 24v DOHC engine

use the Original M20 throw out bearing used that came with the usa 325i clutch kit. NO WEIRD BEARING NEEDED
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
    X