Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily E46 325xi transmission issue....HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily E46 325xi transmission issue....HELP!!!

So I have a 2005 BMW 325xit as a daily. I had same vibration when acceleration so its either a bad CV joint or Guibo or CSB, still haven't put the car on the lift to check. I was on the highway driving in 5th gear and all of a sudden the car lost accelaration. I would press the gas but there would be no response to the clutch, the car would just rev but not go anywhere. I believe its the clutch slipping. Pulled over and called tow truck. There was some transmission fluid under the car but nothing crazy. Woke up the next day and started the car and it started driving perfectly fine again. Tried stalling the car in higher gears 3rd, 4th and 5th and it stalls in all of them. Drove the car for a little and everything is fine. Since there was some tranny fluid Im leading to a bad main transmission seal which leaks when the clutch/flywheel get hot. If it is the seal should I get a new clutch? This one grabs perfectly fine and it has no issues shifting and makes no noises. Never had this happen before so its a little weird. Any Transmission gurus that can assist? Thanks

Have you tried looking on E46Fanatics.com?
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
      Have you tried looking on E46Fanatics.com?
      I have but no help. Figured ill try here as well. Trying to see if anyone had similar experience before i pull the transmission out.

Comment

Working...
      X