Vibration from 60mph on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration from 60mph on

I am having a vibration from 60 mph on, at around 80ish it gets really noticeable. You can also feel the steering wheel shaking but is most noticeable in the shifter area/seat. It isn't horrible but annoying. Its definitely not suspension/steering related.

Wheels are balanced
    New control arms, Control Arm bushings, e36 m3 steering rack (power steering deleted), tie rods, etc. Basically everything in the front end is new but the sway bar bushings/end links (vert sway going in soon)

Driveshaft was supposedly rebuilt by the person I got it from but I have no proof. CSB is brand new.

Mounts are AKG Red Motormounts, e21 transmission mounts. Shifter is solid mounted to the trans tunnel sort of like the AKG quickshifter.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm thinking driveshaft but I like opinions.

Sounds alot like your ds. Mine does the same, both guibo and csb are gone.

Comment

what about the guibo on the steering rack?
      on my car it got real loose because of no power steering

Comment

Originally posted by Chessmaster View Post
        Sounds alot like your ds. Mine does the same, both guibo and csb are gone.

That's what I'm thinking too, only thing giving me doubts is the fact that the driveshaft was rebuilt and the csb is brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          what about the guibo on the steering rack?
          on my car it got real loose because of no power steering

The thing is, if you take it to 90 then put it in neutral, the steering doesn't vibrate as much. Almost not at all. Actually the whole car vibrates a lot less. It feels like the vibration might be coming from the trans but I don't know if that's just because of the solid mount shifter and e21 mounts or because something is wrong inside.

Comment

Guibo between your transmission and driveshaft?

Comment

possible but the one on there looked fine. I noticed if I push the clutch in the vibration lessens. Clutch is an unsprung stage 4 6 puck. flywheel is freshly refinished.

Comment

What wheels do you have?
                Are they true and straight?
                Have they been balanced?
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                  What wheels do you have?

Are they true and straight?

Have they been balanced?

Euroweaves, all recently straightened and the front 2 were just balanced a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X