Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 1.9 shifter in a old style carrier

Hey

I have a 84e. I've tried to figure it out through ETK but will a Z3 1.9 (or any other style) shifter fit in the old plate style carrier?

Thanks

Sam
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

It fits without any issues. You'll have to cut one of the washers from the old shifter to get it on the new one but it works fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Does it just pop in with the white cup? And the front part of the selector shaft is the same right?
      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

it's all self explanatory once you're in there, direct fitment.
        sigpic

Comment

I rebuilt my shift console today using a e60 545 lever. Order a new upper and lower cup and follow these instructions. The cup you cant slide over the ball of the new shift lever so you slice the upper cup to get it on.

look at the pics at the bottom

Last edited by 5Toes; 03-30-2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            I rebuilt my shift console today using a e60 545 lever. Order a new upper and lower cup and follow these instructions. The cup you cant slide over the ball of the new shift lever so you slice the upper cup to get it on.

look at the pics at the bottom

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e30/dri...short_shifter/

I did it last night and I see what you meant. I had a E90 335 shifter sitting in my tool box. I replaced the front joint, cut the ring and put the 335 shifter in. I had to bend the carrier bracket up to stop the selector rod from hitting the stupid cup around the guibo in 2nd gear. But it's mint now, nice short throws.
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Working...
            X