stupid 24v zf clutch problems pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I have a e30 with a s50 swap using a zf trans i am prepping for my turbo install and stated with the clutch install, I bought a ebay xtr or f1 stage 3 6 puck with the cromo fly wheel. I got everything installed and bolted up, i purchased a sachs brand throw out bearing since i was told to not use the one provided with the ebay kit, now onto my problem the clutch pedal went to the floor, i put the slave cylinder in last which never had the lines disconnected and i know for sure that no one hit the clutch pedal, so when i installed the slave i pushed the rod in about half an inch in order to sneak it up next to the transmission, could that have messed it up?(when i bolted the already bled slave back on i only felt resistance in the last 1/5inch) i though it should have more resistance pushing it on even to line it up with the studs to install the bolts, i didnt have to fight to get the bolts on i was able to thread them on a few turns then felt the plunger moving a little. I also compared the height of the tob provided in the kit to the unit i removed when doing the job and the ebay one seemed to be 1/4 taller than the sachs one i installed. I have heard of people installing the disk backwards could this be a symtom of installing the fricton plate backwards ?

Installing it backwards will lock the clutch and pp and not allow them to disengage properly. It could also weld the center hub of the clutch to the flywheel, I've seen this happen.

I would check your slave, bleed it again by hand. Just take it off the trans and hold it so the bleed fitting points up and use your hand to push and pull the rod the full length of travel. Careful pulling at the end, you don't want to pull the piston out, that'll break it.

It could also be that your slave is too short. I think I recall using a 328i slave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the response it looks like when i installed my slave cylinder the plunger was not lined up in the bracket and poped on me so i threw a 328 slave in and it worked, the clutch def grabs high tho i may need to re bleed the clutch slave and see if that helps as my m20 let out close to the floor and the s50 lets out real high is this normal?

Comment

Mine grabs pretty low to the floor.
        That might have something to do with the TOB you used. Shorter TOB will make the clutch disengage lower down.

Comment

Working...
        X