E30 Center Support Bearing HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Center Support Bearing HELP!!

The rubber on the CSB mount went out recently, so I bought one from Turner Motorsport and have no garage to do this in right now. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if you can just disconnect the drive shaft from the diff and drop the back half of the drive shaft to replace the bearing and mount...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to do this as quick and easy as possible. Thank you!

Originally posted by R3vunlimited View Post
    The rubber on the CSB mount went out recently, so I bought one from Turner Motorsport and have no garage to do this in right now. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if you can just disconnect the drive shaft from the diff and drop the back half of the drive shaft to replace the bearing and mount...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to do this as quick and easy as possible. Thank you!
    From what I remember, its tapered around the CSB area. So no.

The best way I have done is undo where the guibo under the shifter, mark the half shafts, undo, slide out, replace CSB, aligned markings, preload the CSB.

Done!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
      From what I remember, its tapered around the CSB area. So no.

The best way I have done is undo where the guibo under the shifter, mark the half shafts, undo, slide out, replace CSB, aligned markings, preload the CSB.

Done!
      Dang, yeah I figured I would have to pull the whole thing, but I thought Id see if anyone else did it differently. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by R3vunlimited View Post
        Dang, yeah I figured I would have to pull the whole thing, but I thought Id see if anyone else did it differently. Thanks for the input!
        Leave the diff side alone, just support half the shaft.

Comment

It's only 3 more bolts to pull the whole thing out. Why would you not?

Comment

Working...
          X