Differential question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differential question

Ok, my 90is obviously has the lsd, what gearing does my year have? or were there different diffs for the same year?
    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

5spd? All US RWD manual 325i/is coupes/sedans had a 3.73

Comment

automatics had a 4.10 lsd
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Manual of course:)

Thanks guys.

I think it was an option on the "i" though.
        Last edited by german g; 06-08-2006, 08:38 AM.
        90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

Comment

it was.
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

i have the 4.10 lsd from the auto in my 5 speed = lots of acceleration:D
            m106 1990 e30
            e36 daily
            e32 cruiser

Comment

autos had a 4.10 from 9/88.

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport
                i have the 4.10 lsd from the auto in my 5 speed = lots of acceleration:D
                So its a very noticable difference?

Comment

Originally posted by german g
                  So its a very noticable difference?
                  Yes,

noticeable for sure. I installed this in my previous car, 5spd 90 325i.

The bad part is your 1st gear revs out pretty fast and highly cruising rpms are higher, but who cares right?

Comment

Originally posted by X2theZ3
                    Yes,

noticeable for sure. I installed this in my previous car, 5spd 90 325i.

The bad part is your 1st gear revs out pretty fast and highly cruising rpms are higher, but who cares right?
                    I dont care..;)

looks like a swap will be in my future plans...

Comment

yeah noticable, but not life-altering. more so a deal when trying to pass on the interstate or coming out of a corner on the track - not straight line as much

i got one FS sorta, but needs a bearing replaced. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                        yeah noticable, but not life-altering. more so a deal when trying to pass on the interstate or coming out of a corner on the track - not straight line as much

i got one FS sorta, but needs a bearing replaced. ;)
                        Thanks, but it will be future as in next year...to much stuff to do this summer to the car....bushings, bilstien sports, vogtland springs, m30afm, 93 oct. chip, 19# injectors, etc... Sad thing is, all this stuff has been in my possesion since the end of last summer and i've been to busy to do anything with the car...next month...IT IS ON!!!! lol

Comment

Not trying to hijack, but was there a non-viscous 3.91 large case LSD offered on any cars? I think it would be a good compromise between 3.73 and 4.10. I imagine I could cannibalize an ix diff for the ring and pinion, and have it swapped in to a 3.73LSD, but I would rather just do a straight swap.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281
                            automatics had a 4.10 lsd
                            Odd, I just pulled a 3.73LSD from a 10/87 4-door automatic 325i.

The whole car was mighty clean for 200k miles, one pampered sedan. The diff was in such good condition I thought it might have been a replacement, but once I got under the car it had the same amount of road debris, caked on oily sludge as the rest of the underpan, so I think it's original. I ran the VIN and it lists a 25% lsd, but no ratio.

edit ahhh, nm I haven't been a good at reading all of a thread lately,
                            Originally posted by X2theZ3
                            autos had a 4.10 from 9/88.
                            Last edited by browntown; 06-22-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cthulu703
                              Not trying to hijack, but was there a non-viscous 3.91 large case LSD offered on any cars? I think it would be a good compromise between 3.73 and 4.10. I imagine I could cannibalize an ix diff for the ring and pinion, and have it swapped in to a 3.73LSD, but I would rather just do a straight swap.
                              I believe all of our LSDs are of clutch pack type
                              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
                              X