Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Solid mounted shifter's & bushings to accommodate

Hey fellas,

So I have a question in regards to transmission mounts while solidly mounting your shifter (similar to the AKG DTM shifter setup).

So a little bit of background on my situation. I am currently underway on an S52b32 swap w/ Getrag 260 trans. The trans has the early model sheet metal carrier that the shifter sits in. My thought was borrowing an idea another r3v user accomplished by solidly mounting the sheet metal carrier to the trans tunnel, basically turning it into an AKG style shifter. My current setup is: UUC Evo 3 shifter, UUC 10 degree DSSR.

With that said, I have already ordered E21 trans mounts and e28 green engine mounts, and I've read from other sources that utilizing more solid mounts (AKG urethane mounts) would be best suited for this setup. I reallllllly dont wanna purchase another set of mounts do to budget restraints. Do you guys think the aluminum reinforcement cups would suffice (in terms of keeping the shifter stable enough for proper gear selection)?

This is a street car, but i'd like to set up the shifter to eliminate all of those unnecessary shifter bushings. I'd also like to set up the car to potentially participate in auto-x events, etc in the future.

Thoughts??

Picture for reference
    Attached Files
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex
Working...
X