Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

420g with a hole in back cover - replaceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

420g with a hole in back cover - replaceable?

I'll spare everyone the drama but bottom line is I bought a complete s54 and 420g from a reputable shop in the northeast and it showed up with a number of major problems including - a hole in the side of the tail cover and the mounting tabs broken off.

After much back and forth we came to an agreement that they would ship me a replacement rear cover to the transmission and give me a little money back.

The tail cover replacement was described as a 20 minute job. My question is....can this cover be swapped out easily? Everything I read about the 420g is that it can't be taken apart by anyone and or it won't get back together. I've seen tutorials where the bell housing is taken off - does the rear tail cover fall into the same category? I .don't mind having a shop do it but I want to make sure it's even possible

For your viewing pleasure...and yes, I was able to prove that it was damaged prior to shipment....how they shipped this to me I have no idea...just crossing my fingers that the engine is good.

Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

wow can't believe they shipped it you like this.
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
    X