1989 325ix drive line help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325ix drive line help!!!!!

I picked up a white 89 325ix a bit ago and the transfer case needed to be replaced, so I had it rebuilt here in town and I have it all hooked up to the front but the rear drive shaft has a small gap from it and the transfer case and I know next to nothing about cars so curious if anybody could help me out before i take it to a shop that would be awesome!, thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alaskan325ix; 12-05-2016, 04:11 AM. Reason: grammar

The back of the driveshaft has a slip fitting. With the back of the driveshaft bolted to the diff, just grab it and push towards the t-case. It will extend.

Make sure the arrows on the guibo point towards the flanges and not the bolt heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

love the feedback! but it wont move at all, have been blasting the collar nut with pb blaster and still cant get it to spin, and i didnt know that about the guibos!! any ideas on how to loosen it or to even get a better grip on it to brake the rust

Comment

Pretty sure it isn't a threaded collar like rwd e30's. Should just slide fore and aft.
        I just did it on mine last night to replace my gas tank.

See if you can find some longer m10 bolts. And pull the driveshaft onto the guibo by tightening the bolts. Then put the correct length bolts back in once the drivshaft is extended properly.

How did you collapse the drivshaft in the first place to get the t-case out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

just get a rubber mallet/deadblow hammer and beat on the driveshaft flange, should slide forward. If not I've also used long bolts through both flanges and pulled them together.

Comment

Working...
          X