Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Slip vs Open Diff Carrier

Hey guys,

So I'm working on my LS swap and I want a high geared diff so highway driving is tolerable. I currently have an ETA with a 2.79 open diff which I think would be perfect. The issue is that 2.79LSDs are super rare and even when I manage to find a 2.93 the owner wants a fuck ton for their condition unknown diff because it's an LSD.

I know with some diffs it's as easy as putting LSD components in an open carrier... Is that the case for a medium case e30 diff?

Thanks

It's a medium case, only small case were 4 cylinder cars.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      It's a medium case, only small case were 4 cylinder cars.
      Right. My question is whether or not I can put limited slip components in my open diff or not though.

Comment

Yes the case is universal.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Danyo View Post
          Hey guys,

So I'm working on my LS swap and I want a high geared diff so highway driving is tolerable. I currently have an ETA with a 2.79 open diff which I think would be perfect. The issue is that 2.79LSDs are super rare and even when I manage to find a 2.93 the owner wants a fuck ton for their condition unknown diff because it's an LSD.

I know with some diffs it's as easy as putting LSD components in an open carrier... Is that the case for a medium case e30 diff?

Thanks

3.07, 2.93, 2.79 share one standard of LSD and gearset geometry
          3.15, 3.23, 3.73, 4.10 and others share a different standard for lsd and gearset. They do not interchange

i.e. 410 gear + open diff from 2.79 = NOT compatible will not work.

the iron housing + cover are shared
          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
          X