LSD leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD leaking?

So, I went hooning tonight and had some fun laying down some skids and just having a good time all around.

After getting back on the highway, I smelled some oil, so I drove like a granny on my way home, and I got under the car to see if there was anything. That's when I saw this small-ish leak coming from the diff. It's pretty late right now, but I managed to get one decent pic.

Does anyone have any suspicion on what it could be? I've never experienced this before and wanna get it addressed before it turns into a real problem.

Coming from the vent. You got the diff hot and the warm fluid made its way through the vent tube.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Coming from the vent. You got the diff hot and the warm fluid made its way through the vent tube.

Ahhh okay, so it was just a temporary thing while sliding around and revving it high, and not something that I need to disassemble the diff and rebuild it?

Is there a way to check your diff oil level, or a way to know when to change it/add more? Thanks for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
        Ahhh okay, so it was just a temporary thing while sliding around and revving it high, and not something that I need to disassemble the diff and rebuild it?

Is there a way to check your diff oil level, or a way to know when to change it/add more? Thanks for your answer

Yea you need to clear out your vent though its probably clogged thus the fluid. To check fluid just pop out the fill plug and dip your finger in it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Yea you need to clear out your vent though its probably clogged thus the fluid. To check fluid just pop out the fill plug and dip your finger in it.
          Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
          X