after market source on lsd clutches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after market source on lsd clutches?

I'd like to rebuild my limited slip differential. BMW wants 900 bucks for the lsd modules. 'Says they are not selling parts any more. Any thing better (cheaper) out there?
    Richard

I wouldnt rebuild it. Check diffsonline.com I would just get a kazz 2 way.

Comment

bimmerworld.com has performance LSD Ceramic Clutches $60 bucks each the E30 medium case takes two.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
        I would just get a kazz 2 way.
        If you are going with a 2-way LSD, beware that it reacts very violently if the driver doesn't understand how to read its feedback.

If you are building/keeping the car a "grip" car, then a 2-way isn't going to help you get faster lap times.

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by BrandC View Post
          If you are going with a 2-way LSD, beware that it reacts very violently if the driver doesn't understand how to read its feedback.

If you are building/keeping the car a "grip" car, then a 2-way isn't going to help you get faster lap times.
          Look @ my sig does it look like im in it for lap times?

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
            Look @ my sig does it look like im in it for lap times?
            I didn't ask if you were into shaving seconds off your lap times. My post was directed towards the person who asked about rebuilding his OEM LSD.

That's cool that you know 2-way LSD's are great for drifting. However I think it's more respectable for someone to learn to drift using a stock LSD instead of relying upon advanced equipment to do the work for them. More props if you can drift on a stock LSD, n00b points if you think you "need" a 2-way just to drift.

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by BrandC View Post
              I didn't ask if you were into shaving seconds off your lap times. My post was directed towards the person who asked about rebuilding his OEM LSD.

That's cool that you know 2-way LSD's are great for drifting. However I think it's more respectable for someone to learn to drift using a stock LSD instead of relying upon advanced equipment to do the work for them. More props if you can drift on a stock LSD, n00b points if you think you "need" a 2-way just to drift.
              Stock lsd here. And I couldn't have but it better myself/ agree with you more. One day I'd like to rebuild my unit. But I also would like a 2 way. Only thing I don't like about 2 ways is the initial understeer that it gives when entering a corner. Once the back end is out though that's where it shines. :)

Comment

Working...
              X