Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getrag 240 selector rod

Hi guys!
    Hoping someone here has some insight to an issue that I'm currently faced with. I have a right hand drive 5 speed getrag 240. I purchased a dual shear selector rod from ireland engeneering. When I received it in the mail, my dumbass threw away the original rod away. Welllllsssss I fucked up. The rod doesn't work because it was never meant to be for the getrag 240, only for the 260. Ireland engeneering states they are willing to make me one but they need measurements of the original....which I don't have!
    Does anyone have any insight on the measurement? I've tried googling the shit out of this and had no luck! Please helpszsss!

getrag240 for m10?

288mm according to realoem: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=25_0085

I wish I could help more but I cut mine when I did the m30 swap.
    sigpic

Comment

It's for my right hand drive 320i...it has the getrag 240 due to the 2.0 displacement. Thank you! I have tried referencing real oem but it doesn't show me the lenght like you found it.

Comment

I have a 91 M42 G240 selector rod in the shop. Not sure if those measurements would help you?
        sigpic
        Steve Corbett
        1983 528E Scrapped
        1983 528E Sold
        1984 745I
        1984 325E - Sold
        1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
        1989 325I Zinno
        1988 635CSI

Comment

I have a selector rod from my 1991 318is w/ M42. It was about 10 7/8 inches between the centers of the pins on each end.

Comment

Unfourtunately no...since I have the M20B20 from Europe that was paired to the getrag 240. I'm literally loosing my hair trying to find the measurement without having to buy one just for the size. Thank you either way! If there is a single living soul out there that has this info, please do not hold back! Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by nunezfrancisco30 View Post
              Unfourtunately no...since I have the M20B20 from Europe that was paired to the getrag 240. I'm literally loosing my hair trying to find the measurement without having to buy one just for the size. Thank you either way! If there is a single living soul out there that has this info, please do not hold back! Hahaha
              Hey mate did you end up finding out the length? In the same boat

Comment

Hey bud,

I did not get the proper measurement, however, Tuner Motorsports helped! They sent me the selector rod for the S14 engine that's matted to the g 240. It worked!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X