Diff Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff Fluid

So I ordered fluids for my tranny and diff. I ended up getting redline MTL and redline MT-90. I know the MTL goes in the tranny, so i did that. I was looking at the bottle for teh MT-90 and saw no mention of use in a differential. Did I end up with the wrong stuff?
    sigpic

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
    So I ordered fluids for my tranny and diff. I ended up getting redline MTL and redline MT-90. I know the MTL goes in the tranny, so i did that. I was looking at the bottle for teh MT-90 and saw no mention of use in a differential. Did I end up with the wrong stuff?
    MT-90 is more common in use for transmissions.

Try to get their 75-90 gear oil. It's safe for LSD and everything.
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

POST PICS OF THE NEW HAWTNESS, OTHERWISE I WILL BAN YOU(even though I'm not a mod or admin). ;-)
      sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
      Current:
      1988 325is S52
      Former:
      2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
      1988 M5
      1996 328is

Comment

Originally posted by WillisE30 View Post
        POST PICS OF THE NEW HAWTNESS, OTHERWISE I WILL BAN YOU(even though I'm not a mod or admin). ;-)

I haven't done a proper photoshoot and another teaser thread would not be worth it. Good photos to come.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a 3.73 limited slip and I have no idea of what is in it right now and I would like to replace the fluid in it. I dont want to wait for something to show up so I'm looking for something that I can get in town that will do the job well. Any suggestions?

also, if there is anything I can do while im in there that will help it the diff lock a little harder, that would be excellent.

Comment

pacific motorsports is an authorized dealer(which is where the meet is gonna be btw), and then theres VIP performance of of 82nd by madison HS. I use redline shockproof light weight in my diff.

Comment

Working...
            X