GRRRRRR!! DHL Broke my Diff!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRRRRRR!! DHL Broke my Diff!!!

I bought this 4.10 LSD and it came via DHL today. The corner of the sterilite container it came in was all cracked and obviously looked like it was dropped on the corner. I opened it up and looked at the top of it and didn't see any damage. I should have inspected it more closely before signing...Check out the damage. I need to get a new cover for it now. I'm going to call DHL tomorrow and see if they can do anything. I'm not sure if they'll do anything since I signed for it.

What cover should I get to replace this one? Isn't there one that has better cooling fins or something?

1989 US E30 Cammed S52
    Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Nah, just get another E30 cover. The M Roadster cover is $$$, and generally not worth it.

You can file for hidden damage within 14 days usually.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      Nah, just get another E30 cover. The M Roadster cover is $$$, and generally not worth it.

You can file for hidden damage within 14 days usually.
      Thanks for the quick post. I'll be calling DHL tomorrow.
      1989 US E30 Cammed S52

Comment

It's almost not worth the hassle. They have to send a package inspector out to your place, blah blah blah, then by the time they pay you, you'll be an old man.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

buy new cover, file at dhl, install cover and diff, wait a while, get reimbursed

Comment

I like how all your responses sound so... "duuuuhhhrrr!!!"

lol

Just kidding. What he said!

With better punctuation.
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

How much/what type of packing material was in there around it? It looks like it was poorly packed - if so, you'll have a tough time getting a claim for shipping damage.

Sam

Comment

it may be a blessing in disguise bc you can get the value of what you paid for the whole differential back if you're lucky... and then you can just buy a used E30 cover, which I"m sure is cheap.
                Recent Rebranding!!
                Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                E30 SM62/S62
                E30 M60 V8
                E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                Instagram.com/garageaholic
                Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I'm the one that sold him the diff. It was packed well, with foam on the bottom, and also all around the diff. It looks like the DHL guys managed to toss the thing around and dropped it at some point. I have shipped a few diffs and tranny's packaged the same way, and never had an issue. They all arrived intact.
                  The package was also insured for the total value that Patrick paid for. I will contact DHL, and make sure that it gets resolved.
                  In the mean time Patrick, I have a few other diffs, and I'll grab a cover and send it to you.
                  Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
                  88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
                  98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
                  89 Porsche 944 - dd
                  95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
                  90 325is - track rat

Comment

Originally posted by Schneller 3er View Post
                    I'm the one that sold him the diff. It was packed well, with foam on the bottom, and also all around the diff. It looks like the DHL guys managed to toss the thing around and dropped it at some point. I have shipped a few diffs and tranny's packaged the same way, and never had an issue. They all arrived intact.
                    The package was also insured for the total value that Patrick paid for. I will contact DHL, and make sure that it gets resolved.
                    In the mean time Patrick, I have a few other diffs, and I'll grab a cover and send it to you.
                    Yes, I confirm that Dan (the seller) packed the diff very well. He shipped very quickly and provided me with a tracking number even though I didn't ask for one. He also insured the shipment which I didn't ask for either. This damage was caused by DHL mis-handling.

Dan has been extremely excellent with this issue. I was going to take care of the claim and he insisted that he take care of it and is sending me a replacement cover. I couldn't ask for better service from a private sale.

Dan is the man. Everyone should buy his stuff or at least tell him that he is awesome.
                    1989 US E30 Cammed S52

Comment

Sucks about the diff. DHL should take care of it. I can attest that Dan is an awesome seller and packages things very well.

BTW - I have driven that diff (I think). :D
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post

BTW - I have driven that diff (I think). :D
                        Yes, I believe you have. Dan mentioned that you would be able to attest to it's good condition.
                        1989 US E30 Cammed S52

Comment

Working...
                        X