Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic of 325is 5spd bellhousing and Removal Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of 325is 5spd bellhousing and Removal Help!

Hi, me and a friend have been trying to remove the transmission from his 87' 325is... Does anyone have a pic of the Transmission and a pic of the bellhousing? We got everything off and ALL we have to do now and get the top bolts... and they are next to impossible to remove... How do u get the engine and transmission to tilt back MORE for more room to see and reach the top bolts on the transmission? Thank You!
    Last edited by chris89; 03-20-2008, 07:49 PM.

Ok - here's what you gotta do.

First - go to realoem.com and take a look at the correct pictures. Will help you visualize where the bolts are you want to get to.

I take it you have already removed the tranny mounts? If you haven't - do so. Then get a jack on the front of the oil pan, and push up on the front of the motor - with rubber mounts I've tilted the motor back to the point where the valve cover sits on the firewall - it won't hurt them too bad. This gives you enough room to get a nice long extension up there.

You'll need multiple extenders and at least one universal joint. To reach those top ones, I think I needed like almost 2 feet of extensions total - it's tricky, but can be done!

Don't forget to get the starter bolts too. Those are a real bitch because you have to losen one side and hold the other, but it's doable.

Let me know how it goes.
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

^^ couldn't/shouldn't you undo the top nuts of the motor mounts first?

Comment

OMG browtown ur avatar is awesome!!! :) Hopefully we'll get this mofo out of there Tonight! THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
          ^^ couldn't/shouldn't you undo the top nuts of the motor mounts first?
          not necessary
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
            not necessary
            Yea, it's not necessary, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. come to think of it, I think that's a good idea. Wouldn't stress the mounts much less.
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

ck pelican part tech articles. they got a whole write up for clutch replacement with pics that would help you
              sigpic
              - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Working...
              X