Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans stuck in reverse.

hello all.
    i own a 1992 325ic that has been auto- standard converted. up until recently the car ran and drove great.

until....

now when doing the manual swap i bought a 325e car for all the parts that needed to be changed over to my car, the donor car is a 1987 325e 2.7 with a manual trans (getrag 260). so after doing the swap and driving it for a year or two while maintaining standard maintenance i noticed it was time for a new shifter and shifter bushings, i was starting to get the car to be trackable for autocross and just fun on the weekends and tracking it at hallet speedway ever so often.

so i ordered a body mounted solid shifter and an upgraded shift selector rod from garagistic.com. when installing, everything went in just fine and i went through the gears fine a couple of times, but then out of no where the shifter gets stuck in reverse.

i tried everything besides taking the trans out to get it out of reverse and with no luck nothing...
    the clutch is engaged and i have fluid pressure and when i press the clutch it acts normal no weird sounds and it releases fine, i just cant move the shifter out of reverse.

any advise or help would be much appreciated. im wondering if the car being a 325i and the trans being out of a 325e could be the problem but ive searched heaven and earth and cant find a solution besides replacing the entire trans. please help!
Working...
X