X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 swap help please

Hi guy hope you can help us here I brought a 1996 e39 manual 4.4

nice low mileage car

We broke it made a chassis used the e39 sub frame and running gear then Added a E21 shell
    full roll cage and gruppe 5 kit

BUT we are about to bench run the m62 and realised we have no wire diagrams etc

basically we have the motor loom and have a stock Ecu stripped no ews abs etc

SOOO

was under the impression hook up the power find the starter it should run 🤷🏻‍♂️ Failed 😂🤣

Any help much appreciated

If any one wants to see what we’re doing here’s the latest Vid

https://youtu.be/CJIDj0uWRkQ

Comment

Edit, saw you’re not going into an e30, so c101 probably isn’t relevant but you can cross reference pins to get basics.

recommend the Love Your C101 thread if you haven’t been through that yet. But since I’m going through this right now I’ll give you my setup. I have an early e38 m62, so the 7 series harness may be a bit different but I think it’s mostly the same. I don’t have the dme pins atm, so I’ll give colors.

I got mine running with 4 wires connected to the C101. It’s entirely possible that I’ve also screwed something up, still troubleshooting.
      • Pin 18 - wire from starter & thick black wire from m62 harness
      • Pin 6 - green/black & green/white wires
      • Pin 7 - green wire
      • pin 13 - don’t have a solution yet for this (fuel), currently hardwiring to 12v. I think it’s supposed to connect to pin 63 from dme which is black/purple. However that wire is only putting out 6.6v and doesnt turn on the e30 relay.
      By hardwiring fuel it fires up and runs when cranked.
      Last edited by Jimothy; 06-20-2021, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X