N62b44 Swap into a 1985 318i - Need help with transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N62b44 Swap into a 1985 318i - Need help with transmission

I just got the M10b18 engine running, and it runs well. What a wonderful feeling to get an engine running! Anyways, three weeks ago I was in the junkyard getting ready to pull a M54b30 engine out of an X5 when I ran into a 2006 X5 with a N62b44 liter engine in rather good shape. I gave up the search for the M54 and started working on pulling the N62b44. I left the transmission for the next guy, as it was an automatic. Fast forward a touch, and now I have a N62b44 engine in my garage and I'm looking hard to find a transmission for it. So far, I have been looking for a GS6-53BZ transmission to pair to the engine, but I haven't had any luck yet. I've been calling local shops and trying to chase down manual transmissions in the junkyard, but I am coming up empty. I'll continue the search, but if anyone knows of a good method into locating a manual transmission, I would appreciate it. I'm new to this and learning as I go. (Based out of Denver, CO, USA)

A transmission will pop up eventually if you keep searching, but I hope you grabbed all the wiring, computers, CAN module etc. to go with the N62. I'd be most concerned about wiring the engine up so it runs. Will be a much harder swap than an M54, but good luck with it!
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I did grab them, but it's going to be a science experiment for sure!

Comment

I'll look forward to seeing a build thread - should be interesting, presumably you've have similar things to overcome to the guys on the N52 thread.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
        X