Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC m5 lightweight looks like this:

JB racing looks like this:

The JB, would have Brand echings in it. Looks like you got your self the UUC flywheel.
    95 Ford PSD : 99 540i M-sport : 89 325i

e39 Rear Muffler Delete Exhaust Video...BMW 540i/6 Fort Devens AutoX, IN-CAR Video...Learn to Re-finish your Headlights (Click for Video)

Comment

Hmm....does seem so. Are there any etchings on yours that are similar to mine?
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

we need updates. I have been bitten by the M60/M62 bug good and deep. I am going to put one in my '85 520i.

OP, i saw your friend's forum (bmwengineswaps or something), i sent him an email, it seems his forum is quite dead. I also can't figure out how to join it.

Comment

oh yes. I am subscribing to this now.

Comment

bump

Comment

nice love the sound of those v8 subscribed to see out come
              Last edited by red_e30; 01-09-2012, 09:56 PM. Reason: re read first post
              sigpic

my build thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=232324

Comment

Just bought a 6sp trans for $610 off Ebay. Should be here in the next week or two. Getting the e28 ready for Vintage is taking priority until after the show, then the V8 E30 will be a go again. I sold my 'vert and sedan, so it mayyy go into dad's vert....we'll see.

Comment

Shitty cell pics, but you know what this is.

Rowed her through all 6 and she does just fine. Time to find a PP/FW on the cheap.

Also decided the engine is going into the car in my sig.
                  Last edited by slammin.e28; 12-31-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Excellent. 6 speed really challenges things, but is sooooo worth it.

Im in the same exact boat right now....working on a build thread currently.
                    Recent Rebranding!!
                    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                    E30 SM62/S62
                    E30 M60 V8
                    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                    Instagram.com/garageaholic
                    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                      Excellent. 6 speed really challenges things, but is sooooo worth it.
                      I figure the extra gear would suit me better than a 5sp. Did the math, and a 3.25LSD should be perfect with that OD 6th.

As far as clutch/FW, I'm ditching the UUC FW, as it requires the V12 clutch stuff. No need for all that, plus the cost is ridiculous.

Thinking of picking up a used, normal clutch LTW FW, or biting the bullet and going new for a JB racing one.

We'll see. Right now I'm getting ready to test fit everything and mock up engine mounts from cardboard so I can get the engine sitting in the car and build around it. Now that I have my lift in, it should be a cinch.

Comment

interesting

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I'mmmmmmm back!!!!

Now that Vintage is over, and I'm getting my M3 fixed, and Stonersam's 2.7 is done, it's time to work on this.

Decided on the car. 1989 325is/A. Lachsilber. The auto trans took a shit and the engine had a new head that was used for Stonersam's 2.7 build.

We're gonna go very slow as I'm doing a shit ton of side-work these days. Gotta get the clutch bullshit sorted still. My mind has been in e28/Rover land for the past many moons, but I think I'm ready to get car, trans, and engine together.

YEAH for the 3 page bump.

Also, I'm going to pioneer hydroboost brakes 'cause fuck buying shit when I've got e28 shit all over. It worked for the e28/31/32s, it'll work for an e30.

Once I sell my 6-er, I'll PU a nice JB flywheel and roll a clutch kit from Worldpac, then we'll be in business.

Note, this will be the MOST cobbled together M60 install to date. Be prepared.

Comment

fuck ya.

Comment

less talk, more pics.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                                less talk, more pics.
                                You know me. ;)

I'm a fucking slob when it comes to posting pics. I've got to get the engine toted up to the barn and get the car rolled in and on the lift.

Since I've got everything done that needs a lift (currently) I can let this occupy it for some time.

Here's the car:

It's pretty stripped down. No interior, etc. Nothing. A blank slate.

I know everyone has seen before, but fuck it. You wanted pics. :p:p

Comment

Working...
                                X