Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M60 Gurus: I'm looking at a '93 740i donor

Long story short:

'93 740i, runs and drives great, 173k on it, Alusil motor with less but unknown mileage (maybe 100k?), BUT it burns coolant out the tail pipe. White smoke, definitely smells like coolant. Has great power though, and no foamy junk on the dipstick.

The dude is firm at $750.

Worth it?

Totally worth it man! What have you got to lose?...

Comment

Originally posted by BlindWolf187 View Post
      Totally worth it man! What have you got to lose?...
      well, $750...

Comment

But how much can you part an E32 minus an engine for? Tranny was good, interior was good(ish).

Comment

Originally posted by BlindWolf187 View Post
          But how much can you part an E32 minus an engine for? Tranny was good, interior was good(ish).

yaaidunno....

Comment

Well, how much will a B40 and a B44 cost you? If you buy this 740, keep the engine and sell off what you can, you should be able to make your money back and maybe make a little, as well. Now you have a B40, which was, in essence, free and you can go look for a good low mile B44 with the money you made back... ;)

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
              Well, how much will a B40 and a B44 cost you? If you buy this 740, keep the engine and sell off what you can, you should be able to make your money back and maybe make a little, as well. Now you have a B40, which was, in essence, free and you can go look for a good low mile B44 with the money you made back... ;)

Garey

We think alike, you and I.

I plan to take the motor, brakes, wheels, brake booster, etc, then meticulously part the car and scrap the shell and hopefully get $750 back. It has a good trans, great interior, good body (mostly) etc.

Is $750 an ambitious number to recover parting an auto E32?

Comment

You could probably get maybe $200 for the brakes on mye28 - its a nice brake upgrade for e28s IIRC. That including everything else you listed could probably net you $750 pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  We think alike, you and I.

Is $750 an ambitious number to recover parting an auto E32?
                  Haha... Ambitious? Depends on how patient you are, how much space you have to store it and what forums you're on... If the trans is a 5HP24, which it should be, that is worth good money right there... If you have space to store the interior, you'll find your buyer...

Garey

Comment

well, it's bought!

thanks for the input guys, and let the M60 swap officially begin!

Comment

Working...
                    X