No announcement yet.

And yet another V8 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not cheap, but I only want to build this car once. Well, maybe a hotter engine, but that's it.....

Comment

Ok, a bit more work today. If you ignore the wires, interior's looking good!!!

Today I connected the rear lights, fuel pump, central locking, windows and mirrors to the new fusebox, re-installed the carpet, seats and pedalbox.
      Getting there....

Comment

Sweet pedal box - how come you didn't use a firewall mounted setup like what garagistic has though? Could've kept the stock gas pedal that way. In any case, the pedals look great bro - stay warm.

Comment

Well, I really like floor mount pedals, and when it came to buy the pedal box I said... well, why not!?!?? :D
          :drink::drink:Beer time!!:drink::drink:

Comment

Haha well it's better than the ghetto shit I've got in my car now, so props

At least the dual brake masters will help ALOT with pedal feel/stopping. What size masters did you end up using?

Comment

I had a couple of 5/8 around, so I'll start from there, play with the brake bias and see how it feels. Right now I just want to start it. Once it runs, I'll fine tune it at the track :D

Comment

What are the pedal ratios, 6:1 or something? Setup is legit, I'm sure your pedal feel will be great AND actually stop the car.... something I need to work on

Comment

Badass pedal setup. I could def see that on my cars future. That would let me put the reservoirs in the cabin in view, which would be nice.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is looking great!! Can't wait to see more! BTW, what are you doing with those "rare" cams when you build your new engine?
                    Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                    on the head...
                    WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

I guess I'll be keeping them... We will see. I have to make this one run first!!

Comment

Where did you get that gold reflective heat shielding? does it just stick on?
                        Might do this for my swap, looks way better than my cosmoline covered, torn up mat
                        sigpic'89 325i
                        M60 swap in progress

Comment

I bought it from Summit, it's DEI Reflect-A-Gold. They have different sizes, but they're all adhesive. Plan what you need before buying, because it gets expensive fast!!

Comment

Not much going on.... this car is gonna take forever!!! Heads aren't finished yet. Well, I don't know, I have to check with the head guy, but I am pretty sure he didn't start them.
                            The interior wiring harness is finished, headers are done and this weekend (maybe) I'll run new rigid brake lines. MAYBE.
                            I just took a couple pictures in good company, the red car's keeping me busy at work right now (and for the next few months)

Comment

Is that a quattro? (as in the model, not audi's generic term for awd)

That's cool as shit man.... where are you finding all these clean cars from the 80's? I figure Canada is the land of winter salt roads.

Comment

Yeah, an original Quattro. It's not my car (I wish), it's a customer car.
                                I guess there's people that never use the car, so it never rusts.... it's PERFECT, 0 rust, nothing at all!! Even my M3 was worse, and it's 5 years newer

Comment

Working...
                                X