No announcement yet.

Sikky E30 LS swap kit group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the best picture I have of the steering fitment.

The headers vary in size based on what you want. Here's my setup. I forget the size my headers are... I think 1 7/8. I'll see about getting the rest of the info.

Comment

Originally posted by DJP215 View Post
      I just saw your edit that the pan is baffled with trap doors. That makes me very happy. A dry sump is definitely not in my budget, but a nice baffled pan and a high flow oil pump should cover me.
      I've ran a few LS engined cars on track, 'vettes, Camaros and swaps. If you have a wet sump, you WILL have starvation. It's sad, but that's what it is. One of the 944 we had, with baffled sump, accusump, and quite a few different oil pumps we tried, at anything more than 1.4G we would lose oil pressure. Accusump works for a couple laps, main problem being at high Gs the oil stays in the heads, and all that extra juice from the accusump kind of goes to the breather system you may have and the combustion chamber. Even if you have a recirculated catch can, the time it takes for the oil to go back to the sump, klak-klak-klak-klak.... if you want to seriously track it, dry sump or nothing. And I mean a proper dry sump, not Z06 style

Comment

Originally posted by DJP215 View Post
        I could be a yes, but im still on the edge because of the price. I'll most likely be in once im convinced of the performance / fit of the headers. As the headers and the pan are the real selling points of this kit to me.

I just saw your edit that the pan is baffled with trap doors. That makes me very happy. A dry sump is definitely not in my budget, but a nice baffled pan and a high flow oil pump should cover me. Those header pictures are a nice start. Its hard to tell the clearance for the steering shaft from that angle though. It would be nice to see from the collectors looking forward too. Also what size are the collectors? Are there bullets inside them? How long are the primary tubes?

Thanks!
        Sikky's reply
        Collectors- The header sizes are 1 3/4" primaries to 3" collector or 1 7/8" primaries to 3.5" collector. All of them are coated with v-band flanges.

Bullets- No bullets inside the headers.

Length- I'd have to try and get with an engineer about specific length specs, I've never been asked that before. But they are like a full/mid length length header. They go just to the bottom of the car but do not actually go under the car. Ground clearance is so tight on the E30 that running to collectors under the car wouldn't have been optimal for fitment.
        Yoshi, your E30 is not up on a lift right this sec but once it's up again I can snap underside shots of the headers.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
          Here's the best picture I have of the steering fitment.

The headers vary in size based on what you want. Here's my setup. I forget the size my headers are... I think 1 7/8. I'll see about getting the rest of the info.
          What steering shaft joints are those? Also the 1-7/8" model would be the size I would be interested for a H/C/I LS1

Originally posted by Yorl View Post
          I've ran a few LS engined cars on track, 'vettes, Camaros and swaps. If you have a wet sump, you WILL have starvation. It's sad, but that's what it is. One of the 944 we had, with baffled sump, accusump, and quite a few different oil pumps we tried, at anything more than 1.4G we would lose oil pressure. Accusump works for a couple laps, main problem being at high Gs the oil stays in the heads, and all that extra juice from the accusump kind of goes to the breather system you may have and the combustion chamber. Even if you have a recirculated catch can, the time it takes for the oil to go back to the sump, klak-klak-klak-klak.... if you want to seriously track it, dry sump or nothing. And I mean a proper dry sump, not Z06 style
          Thanks for the post. I'm not building the car to be a dedicated track car, but more of an all around car. Something I can track, autocross, drift, drag and probably most frequently be a weekend warrior street car. So some compromises need to be made. I'm just trying to get myself as much protection as possible on a budget, and then further down the road if i get serious with tracking it I can add a dry sump system then.
          Sikky's reply
          Quote:
          Collectors- The header sizes are 1 3/4" primaries to 3" collector or 1 7/8" primaries to 3.5" collector. All of them are coated with v-band flanges.

Bullets- No bullets inside the headers.

Length- I'd have to try and get with an engineer about specific length specs, I've never been asked that before. But they are like a full/mid length length header. They go just to the bottom of the car but do not actually go under the car. Ground clearance is so tight on the E30 that running to collectors under the car wouldn't have been optimal for fitment.
          Yoshi, your E30 is not up on a lift right this sec but once it's up again I can snap underside shots of the headers.
          Thanks! I agree the collectors do look to be in the ideal location for fitment. I noticed they mentioned v-band flanges (which i am all for), but in the underside picture of your car there are standard flanges.

Comment

The steering shaft is a Sikky custom. You can get any of the off the shelf replacements though. I know another shop sells the same thing. I'm doing the same thing with my oil pan. I'm going to go dry sump eventually. But for now this should be fine.

I think mine are prototype headers. I'll double check on the vband flanges.

Comment

From the mouth of sikky

Just to touch base about that guys post regarding the wet sump concerns
              saying you need dry sump. That's not 100% accurate, at least not with our
              pan. LS engines are in fact notorious for oil starvation issues, using the
              factory pan. Our pan being 7qt high capacity and baffled solves the
              problems associated with the factory setup. We have drivers race with our
              kits year after year, no accsump even installed, and don't have any
              starvation issues. Obviously if the funds are there dry sump is the
              ultimate route to take but there's no concerns with using our pan. Just to
              let you know.

Comment

I'm well aware. Obviously dry sump is the best option, but the next best thing is a added capacity/ baffled wet sump just like this. My original plan was to hack up a gto pan and add a kick out / baffles/ clearance for the rack. So im actually pretty pleased that sikky is offering this. To get in the group by when do i have to have the cash by? And also we need atleast 5 to get any discount, but there is only one confirmed right? If i got the kit + the headers it would be 10% off all of it correct?

Comment

There's 1 confirmed now. 1 supposedly putting down next week (friend of mine actually). You have to put $500 down before the end of the month to be in the group buy. And yes at least 5 to get any discount.

I hope there aren't a bunch of guys waiting for 5 people before they chip in. <_<

Comment

People might be apprehensive about not getting the price they want - if there was a guaranteed opt-out option if 5 people didn't sign up, you might just get those five like, when the announcement about the option is made.

Comment

If i can get a a guaranteed 10% off im in. I can send the deposit whenever. I honestly see it pretty unlikely that we will get 3 more buyers in 2 weeks though. Its a very select group of people interested in the product, and not everyone who may be interested has the funds available at this point in time. It would be different if it was a couple hundred bucks, but when your talking 3k that changes things. Its actually more then i paid for my complete ls1/t56 swap with 60k miles lol

Comment

Well with you, It would be 3 down. We'd only need 2 more people :) That seems likely in 2 weeks.

If everyone thought that way, no one would sign up for it. Cooome oooon.

Comment

Seems as if I may be in for a set of 1 7/8" headers.

Comment

So sex man. SOOO SEX. They fit so nice and tight. I was amazed at the placement. Block hugging, not double clutching.

Comment

Tuesday bump.

Comment

Any other questions? Bumpies!

Comment

Working...
                                X