Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Donor Cars Are Acceptble For A M60/Manual Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Donor Cars Are Acceptble For A M60/Manual Swap?

Moving forward in my attempt to have a M60 powered 1965 Dodge D100, I have noticed that there are a shortage of M60 powered vehicles which came with manual transmissions. So, what was available in the US with an M60 (b30 and b40) and a manual transmission?
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

I'd guess that a 5 series would be your best/only bet

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
      I'd guess that a 5 series would be your best/only bet
      Yeah, if you want them both together.

The most common route, if you want an m60 and not the m62, is to find the engine from one of the many cars it came in. Such as, the 540i or 740i for the four liter. Then depending on 6 or 5 speed find your transmission separate.

I have the m60 from a 1994 740i and the 6-speed from a 2002 540i. So there are lots of different options to mix and match.

Comment

The M60 engines are much more commonly available than the M60 manual transmissions.

The M62 manual transmissions are more commonly available than the M60 manual transmissions.

The only difference is that the OBDII transmissions have a boss for the crank sensor low on the right side of the bell housing. Even if you want to stay away from the M62 engine, you can still use its transmission.

Comment

Working...
        X