Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62B44 Crank Angle

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone has an M62 lying around? I need to know the position of the missing teeth on the flywheel in relation to the sensor at TDC. Of course, I failed to check this before putting the engine back into the car... This is for a setting needed in megasquirt. Thanks!

Originally posted by smalcol View Post
    Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone has an M62 lying around? I need to know the position of the missing teeth on the flywheel in relation to the sensor at TDC. Of course, I failed to check this before putting the engine back into the car... This is for a setting needed in megasquirt. Thanks!
    missing teeth need to be in front or before in rotation, tdc by like 15% or so
    I can supply a picture when i get home.
    Also check my build. I showed my whole setup when converting from obd2 to obd1. Your flywheel teeth are the same in relation to my Harmonic balance teeth.
    hope this helps
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thanks, I will take a look. The missing teeth are in the same position, but I believe the sensor is in a different position in the transmission?

Comment

Bringing this back up, any chance someone has a M62 or S62 handy?

Comment

I have an S62 and an M62 flexplate + bellhousing, but they're not together right now.
          Might be able to get you a photo in the next two weeks or so. The engine's at my dad's house.

Comment

Thanks, that would be great! I just need to know the number of teeth between the missing teeth and the sensor in the bell housing when the engine is at TDC. I'll throw out a guess of 11...

Comment

Ok. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Hello,
                Any chance someone has a M62B44 with a flywheel mounted lying around? Still looking for help in determining the position of the missing teeth...

Comment

And, a second question, has anyone used the flywheel crank position sensor rather than harmonic balancer in their swap? Trying to understand if the missing teeth are in the same position for both...

Comment

Haven't been back to my dad's yet, but should be able to set the photo up for you on the weekend of the 5th/6th.

Comment

Hi all, I was able to count the teeth pass by the sensor hole as I turned the crank. Unless I missed something, it looks like 72 degrees BTDT is where the missing teeth are located. For others reference...

Comment

Working...
                      X