No announcement yet.

looking for the E30V8 swap manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT's why I couldn't figure it out. I've seen pics of crossram/flow intakes before, but it didn't click since there was only one carb.

Comment

any wiring info found?

Comment

yeah, e30v8.com

-or-

be a real man and carb that shit

Comment

Carb for the simple fact the EFI intake is hideous.
          sigpic

Comment

True that. Though when I do the turbo I think I'm gonna have to switch to EFI, too much trouble to get blowthrough setups to work. Still get to keep the carb intake though, gonna use one of those TBI setups you can get on summit

good alternative if you don't feel like figuring out the wiring or sourcing the loom and parts. hell, it's fully adjustable too... megasquirts are $300 or so, so I guess you could call it $1200 instead

Free Shipping - Professional Products 70020 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Fuel Injection Systems at Summit Racing.
            Last edited by jalopi; 06-29-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Same response you give to any question about efi wiring...

not doing a carb, and I'm going turbo, also don't want to buy a manual that you and other people say is worthless. I don't need a full guide, just the wiring.

I have the stock wiring, and also plan on running MS2. I know there are 5 wires that will start the 302 that will need to be connected to the bmw harness I just want to know what they are. there are guys here running their 302 with efi no one has a definite, quick answer?

Comment

Well too fucking bad. You don't like the answers you're getting? Figure that shit out on your own like everyone else did - either that or buy the swap guide which is ~only~ good for the fuel injection wiring (which is what you need, something that other contributors to the 5.0 swap cause haven't done). If that's all you need it for then it's worth the $100 or whatever it costs. Some people had to spend days' worth of research/effort to get their cars running/working right.... or buy the info. Yet you expect it for free, with an attitude to boot? Appreciate the relatively new/niche info that's out there (especially since the 5.0 swap is largely neglected/overlooked compared to m60 and LS swaps). Don't get pissy when you don't get the info you want when you've contributed nothing.... where else are you gonna find a thread dedicated to swapping a 302 into your car? Either contribute or deal with the available answers.

Besides, if it's simple as "just" five wires needed to start the 302 and make it run, you should be able to figure it out yourself, right?

Last edited by jalopi; 06-30-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I figured being a "community", that someone would have found something. the thread never ended with a definite answer which are what most of these forums are turning out to be. hence why i asked if any info had been found. yet, like how the thread fell off before , useless responses about going carbs, and links to threads that don't exist any more or the most obvious e30v8.com. Ive read your thread in where you said "Don't take any advice from the e30v8 swap guide" and "fuck e30v8's guide" yet you tell me to buy it.... also do you see how many posts I make, not many here on r3v, I looked everywhere. where as you think the e30 v8 5.0 swap is neglected, its not in other car communities. people are swapping 5.0 v8s into everything, you aren't the first person to do it. I obviously haven't found anything and that's why I brought a thread from the dead to see if there was a resolution. a real resolution not "be a man go carbs" and wasn't as gay as just saying its to hard and doing a simple carb setup... jerk my dick. I guess not even you Mr. Fourm gangster pro 5.0 installer, couldn't figure out 5 fucking wires... thanks for the no help dick!

Comment

If you can't do a quick search on this forum/google, find the easily available wiring diagrams for your model/year, compare that to what you need to wire up on the ford harness and make it work then you have no business attempting an EFI swap. If you were as diligent in your research like you claim you were, you'd know that someone on here is running the exact setup that you want to. Find out who he is and PM him.

We're not here to hold your hand while you go through wiring issues, so stop whining. With your attitude, this is the best you're gonna get out of me:

Last edited by jalopi; 06-30-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Bought the fucking guide. And I'm gonna post it here as " the actual swap guide for people that wanna do a manly 302 swap" waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

Comment

Working...
                      X