HELP!!5.0 swap parts interchangeable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!5.0 swap parts interchangeable ?

Sup !!!! Going to be doing a 1989 5.0 pushrod swap into a 87 325is,are parts for doing a e36 5.0 swap interchangeable into a e30 ? Quick answer would be much appreciated. Somebody has a swap kit available for me to pick up and waiting on my reply.
    Last edited by QUKBMER; 05-22-2014, 09:17 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Which parts? Motor mounts and cross member?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Motor and trans brackets and mounts , driveshaft with adapter and radiator ,hyd clutch conversion kit ,e36 electric fan set up, CD install info and of tid bit stuff. Its in a e36 right now with a 86 5.0.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Transmission x member Is different. Motor mounts look identical. Cd is different but most hate It anyway. Not sure on the rest of the stuff. Are you doing efi or carb?

Comment

efi

Comment

If you're doing efi are you staying with the stock computer or standalone?

Comment

My buddy and i are going in on this together,he is a fabricator also. Stock ecu to start and going to do a gt40 heads and explorer intake swap.
              Last edited by QUKBMER; 05-22-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

If you're doing efi the e30v8 manual is useful for the harness splicing. No offense to Matt but a lot of the stuff In the guide is hacked. It has some good stuff in there and It's better than nothing since no one else has taken the time to make another guide.

I recommend reinforcing the motor mounts because mine started bowing at the top where they bolt to the block. The cross member is easy to make if ur buddy is a decent fab. A lot of guys like the e36 radiator for the swap. I didn't use that radiator because I'd wanted my outlet/inlet to be like the mustang. Take a look at my thread and feel free to ask questions

Comment

So is this swap kit useful for me ? He is asking 450

Comment

Not sure since I don't know if the rest of the stuff will work for you. The Cd isn't as helpful as the e30 Cd would be. It's missing good info. I had both versions.

Comment

Bump need more info

Comment

Bump

Comment

What kind of hydraulic conversion kit? If it's just a push/pull style slave with a wilwood pedal then fuck that shit. If it's a hydraulic TOB then... well I guess it's worth the money, even if you have to make everything work. Don't do a standalone clutch pedal, shit sucks (pedals are wayyyy to close together). Get the garagistic mount for a pedal box, it's what I wish I had done.

Comment

Working...
                          X