404 DME into an EWS car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

404 DME into an EWS car

So I purchased a complete runnung and driving e34 540i/6 for a donor car for my swap. The car is an EWS car so I ordered a non EWS DME and plugged it in my car and she won't fire up. I've read somewhere on the e34 boards that people tend to cut a wire to delete the EWS to make it run, but I can't seem to find that thread anymore and would like to make sure the ecu works before I pull the motor from the car. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from the thingy ma-jig by typin on the due whopper.

I have the same situation. With the 404 dme, you need to cut the green wire on the engine harness at pin 66. If the motor is still in the e34, you also have to bridge 2 wires on the EWS module, but i'm not sure which ones.

I'm currently having another issue on mine that i'm not sure is EWS related or not. The motor will fire, but only with the fuel pump relay jumped. (all I did was cut pin 66). No fuel pump with relay in. I tested the relay, and tried others, but still no-go.

Hope someone with more experience can chime in.

Comment

Chris916-

I cut pin 66 and swapped in the 404DME and she fired right up, I personally didnt have to bridge anything for the EWS.

I found this thread to come in handy for my application.

Comment

Working...
      X