180° Headers on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180° Headers on e30

Anybody ever seen or used 180° headers in V8 swap?
    I'm thinking 8-4-2 headers.

Nice illustration. You share my drawing talent i see hahaha.

Comment

^^^^
      Freaking lol

Comment

And id say itd be near impossible on an e30. Either the tubes would have to be 4-5 ft long to meet at a suitable collector point or youd have to do away with the firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
          And id say itd be near impossible on an e30. Either the tubes would have to be 4-5 ft long to meet at a suitable collector point or youd have to do away with the firewall.
          I have to cut firewall anyway. I like the sound of 180° headers. ;)
          My M62 engine revs 7500rpm. So i need aprox. 30" primary.

Comment

Anyone know of good literature for header design?

I'm kicking around the idea of getting all the pipe and making my own instead of hammering the manifolds to fit. Just don't know where to start on the principles.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWolf View Post
                Anyone know of good literature for header design?

I'm kicking around the idea of getting all the pipe and making my own instead of hammering the manifolds to fit. Just don't know where to start on the principles.

But if you dont do it like my "fine" pic above, that formula/calculator are meaningless.

Comment

Only guy I heard of doing it on a e30 never posted pictures but did describe them

Originally posted by ouwi View Post
                  Traction is ok, for those cheap Nankang street tires. But hopefully next time i have something better..
                  I don't have pictures of those headers, but both sides are 4-2-1 style and they goes like this: Primary 15"+4"collectors ID 1.45. Secondary 21"+6"collectors ID 1.88". Tailpipe before first silencer is about 25" long ID 2.12".

Sorry my bad english..
                  Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                  Bimmerbuddies LLC
                  717-388-1256
                  2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                  bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

You *might* be able to run the crossover pipes under the oil pan, right in front of the bellhousing flange (may required reworking the crossmember to give room).

Of course with 4 exhaust pipes right under the pan, you'll need an oil cooler bigtime and your starter will see a LOT of heat.

Comment

Working...
                    X