E30-LS1 -- Technical Service Bulletin -- Hydroboost Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30-LS1 -- Technical Service Bulletin -- Hydroboost Assembly

We completed our swap of the LS1 & T56 in 2008, using a '99 Mustang master cylinder and HydroBoost. While that setup has worked just fine for us, we were never satisfied with the brake pedal effort needed. This was from the 1-1/16 bore Mustang master cylinder having a larger bore than the E30's original master cylinder. So, we have re-designed our HydroBoost system to use the original BMW master cylinder. We are happy that the brake pedal force now needed is better than new, and it eliminates a separate reservoir for the clutch fluid.

We are providing free of charge the design to the swapper community, and to those brave souls who have purchased our CD or swap kit. We provide this copy-righted design for individual use only; it may not be used commercially (we have a sharp lawyer in the family...).

We will be including the design and the adapter plate needed for any future kit buyers. We can provide the adapter for $40 if there is enough interest.
    Attached Files
    E30-LS1 aka. 357is
    email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
    E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
    E30LS1@gmail.com
    e30ls1.com

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
    We completed our swap of the LS1 & T56 in 2008, using a '99 Mustang master cylinder and HydroBoost. While that setup has worked just fine for us, we were never satisfied with the brake pedal effort needed. This was from the 1-1/16 bore Mustang master cylinder having a larger bore than the E30's original master cylinder. So, we have re-designed our HydroBoost system to use the original BMW master cylinder. We are happy that the brake pedal force now needed is better than new, and it eliminates a separate reservoir for the clutch fluid.

We are providing free of charge the design to the swapper community, and to those brave souls who have purchased our CD or swap kit. We provide this copy-righted design for individual use only; it may not be used commercially (we have a sharp lawyer in the family...).

We will be including the design and the adapter plate needed for any future kit buyers. We can provide the adapter for $40 if there is enough interest.

I would like one so I could reuse the 25mm one I replaced the original with when it gave out, right before my swap.

In

Comment

We recommend the BMW MC. We'll post pics soon
      E30-LS1 aka. 357is
      E30LS1@gmail.com
      e30ls1.com

Comment

Man everything you guys do is goddamn legit. It's been years since I read your build thread, what kind of engineering background do ya'll have again?

Comment

Steve is Chief Engineer, Machines for his company. He is a PE in 3 states, and is a Chartered Engineer in the UK. 35 years experience at designing machines. Garret is a project manager for his company. He is a skilled welder, having apprenticed at an Aerospace equipment company, and has an engineering background.
          E30-LS1 aka. 357is
          E30LS1@gmail.com
          e30ls1.com

Comment

bump for the community
            E30-LS1 aka. 357is
            E30LS1@gmail.com
            e30ls1.com

Comment

Does anyone even mod this section? We need stickies.

Though, I have the sikky hydroboost. I feel like all the information should be available to everyone.

Comment

It is free to everyone, just grab the pdf's
                E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                E30LS1@gmail.com
                e30ls1.com

Comment

We are ordering 20 of the 3/8 adapters shown on sht2 of the PDF from our laser cutter. $35 plus $6 shipping. You will have to tap the M8x1.25 and M10.1.5 holes (2) each. E30LS1@gmail if you want one!
                  E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                  E30LS1@gmail.com
                  e30ls1.com

Comment

Working...
                  X