e30 5.0 swap drive shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 5.0 swap drive shaft

Ok you guys, im trying to do some research on 5.0 driveshfts. Post some pics and info on your modified shafts and insight on what could have been done different or better. Also, where in socal can I take mine to get done? Thanks in advance

Get an aluminum shaft from a cop crown vic off ebay. I got mine for $100 shipped and had it shortened for $60. Weighs almost nothing.
    sigpic

Comment

Same imput shaft on the t5 side? And how would I convert the tail to bmw diff if its aluminum?

Comment

You'll need the correct slip yoke for a T5, and a u-joint to take care of the trans end. Diff end you'll need the flange from www.jagsthatrun.com and another u-joint. Pretty simple.
        sigpic

Comment

Got any pix of yours?

Comment

I'll get some this weekend.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks brotha

Comment

Hey didn't get a chance to get any pictures- I'll try next weekend (by the time I get home in the evenings during the week it's dark). It's really straight forward though, definitely one of the easiest parts of the swap.
                sigpic

Comment

thought I'd toss this in here. Haven;t used it personally, but I know funfgan, balski and a few other 302 swap guys used it.

http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/pr...-2-2-1679.html
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
                    Hey didn't get a chance to get any pictures- I'll try next weekend (by the time I get home in the evenings during the week it's dark). It's really straight forward though, definitely one of the easiest parts of the swap.
                    For sure, I would like to see the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                      thought I'd toss this in here. Haven;t used it personally, but I know funfgan, balski and a few other 302 swap guys used it.

http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/pr...-2-2-1679.html
                      Nice! Is it a straight bolt on to both sides of the sections? Besides modifying length of course.

Comment

From Jags That Run:

"We use the Spicer Toyota flange for the BMW, however, after cleaning the flange, we press fit a micro sleeve (about .0195" wall thickness) onto the pilot, and use locktite to make sure it stays in place.

Also, the pilot is too long to fit properly onto the BMW differential, so we also machine the pilot to the correct height."

Comment

Originally posted by thedivision View Post
                          From Jags That Run:

"We use the Spicer Toyota flange for the BMW, however, after cleaning the flange, we press fit a micro sleeve (about .0195" wall thickness) onto the pilot, and use locktite to make sure it stays in place.

Also, the pilot is too long to fit properly onto the BMW differential, so we also machine the pilot to the correct height."
                          Interesting...
                          Is this on the web someplace or in an email?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                            Interesting...
                            Is this on the web someplace or in an email?
                            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by danval View Post
                              Nice! Is it a straight bolt on to both sides of the sections? Besides modifying length of course.
                              I can't speak for the trans side but I'm almost positive this bolts right up to the diff flange. At least covers one side for you.
                              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
                              X