No announcement yet.

'89 316i E30 LS1 Swap Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds pretty good for a single exhaust/muffler setup. The Varex system lowers the noise levels nicely when the valve is closed.

Got a used IACV i'm gonna test out tomorrow. I cant run the engine much since the PS pump is pretty much dry right now. Hoping I can finish the rack and diff before the 18th.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

New start up and idle video with the X-Force exhaust setup. This is with the exhaust valve open.

New IACV installed and working perfectly. Rebuilding the steering rack atm.

Last edited by Q8y_drifter; 03-30-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

No sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

I think that's your iPhone

Comment

Weeeeeird..

Comment

Works on desktop. Weird

Comment

I get sound. Sounds very familiar. and rhythmic. So sleepy now... AH REV! I'm awake.

Comment

Sounds great!!!!!!!

Comment

Mad!!!!

Comment

How did the headers line up, did they fit or did you have to modify them?
                      /// E92 335i Msport FBO + Meth /// E70 X5 4.8i /// E30 325is LSX Swapped /// E30 325ix ///

Comment

They technically fit. However to fish the driver's side in between the engine and frame was probably the most difficult part of this swap. Passenger side slides in no problem whatsoever. Drivers side I had to

Massage the shock tower support
                        Remove valve coils, valve cover and plugs
                        Loosen engine mounts and pull/tilt engine towards passenger side.

They barely squeezed in with a lot of swearing, hammering and twisting.

The collectors will need to be cut/shortened if you actually wanna drive this thing on a road. They are too long and extend right towards the ground.

Comment

So I rebuilt the rack with new seals, bolted it back in, started up the motor and the POS still pisses fluid. So I picked up another Z3 rack and a non-powered Z4 rack. My guess is the top shaft on the Z3 rack is fucked so I'm swapping it out. If that still doesn't fix it I'm going with a manual Z4 rack.

Comment

E30s are just so tight. It saddens me how little space there is to work with. I can't imagine someone adding a turbo in the bay with a V8 anything. Call me old, but I like to engineer my stuff so it's easy to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                              E30s are just so tight. It saddens me how little space there is to work with. I can't imagine someone adding a turbo in the bay with a V8 anything. Call me old, but I like to engineer my stuff so it's easy to work on.
                              That's part of why I picked up an 85 cutlass about a month back. Picked up a 5.7 LS1 for it and already got most of the swap parts ready to install. It's gonna cost me about 1/10th of the E30 swap lol

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
                                That's part of why I picked up an 85 cutlass about a month back. Picked up a 5.7 LS1 for it and already got most of the swap parts ready to install. It's gonna cost me about 1/10th of the E30 swap lol

E30 ls swap is $$$$$$$
                                Hate when people say it's a cheap swap

Comment

Working...
                                X