E30 m60 California BAR legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 m60 California BAR legal?

Hey all, I'm new here with a 1986 325es stock. I work for a shop and have been around quite a bit of custom and fabrication stuff and am savvy enough to be looking into an m60 swap on my car. I've looked into m30b35, m62, m5x, etc, and am pretty set on the m60.
    As far as making it go in the car, I'm not too worried, research, research, research. However, what I CAN'T find is information on California legality with the swap. I hear that the common route is to put a modified m62 exhaust manifolds on the car because of excessive fab needed for m60 manifolds to fit.
    This raises concern for whether or not it will be legal and FEASIBLE to build a car that will pass a BAR inspection IN CALIFORNIA and be able to smog the car. These are my concerns, and I REALLY appreciate the feedback.
    I'm hesitant to go m62 route because of budget, and if I don't go v8, I'm going m30b35. I'm doing everything myself for the most part, and I've already ordered the macalent swap book so I have more condensed information available, but though they are very helpful over email and are kind enough to answer questions, they can't seem to help me with this.
    So, that being said, I would greatly appreciate your onslaught of knowledge and bestowment of wisdom!!!

-newb

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I've read through this, but it isn't quite clear enough for my questions. Will they fail me on customized x5 manifold? Has anyone run their m60 swap through BAR?

Comment

Did you pass?
        -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
        -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Working...
        X