No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question but why didn't you just buy some good used heads instead of machining those? Like the progress you are making!
    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
    COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

I figured might as well do it right and work with what I have. Rather have the ones I have then some used ones. These are like new now so I know I won't have problems later haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Good progress, hope you get it together this weekend!

Comment

E30ls1

What's up everyone. Alright yesterday was a long day. First off I forgot I had to clean the crank so I took it out and did some cleaning since it started to rust a little

Time to get snacks....and beer. Can't build an engine without beer

As you can see in the picture below the cylinders looked pretty bad.

Time to lube it up and clean it out. Honing? I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong. But time for lube

Lol talk about a American engine. Chevy and beer
          My friends , josh (y'all know him) , al and joe came and helps out. Thank god for good friends

Al and I watching and supervising joe

Alright now it's my turn and al wanted to show me how to properly lube a hole up.... That's the exact way he told me. So I'm learning life lessons here...lol

Josh said he wanted to learn the technique of lubingg holes up too

The shit that was dripping out of the cylinders while we were working on them

Vs

Time to put some assembly lube on the bearings and put the cam in but the cam won't fit?

We don't know what we're doing wrong

Wait we got it

I knew we were doing something

Time to put the piston rings on....but when I went to oreilys they gave me the wrong ones....but here's a picture of al having fun and doing whatever with the piston

Time to wrap the engine so it doesn't rust in the shop due to condensation and wait for the new rings to come In. Also will order the gaskets too.

Last edited by Reyhan335; 01-30-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Hahaha you working in a uhaul container or a storage facility? Beer and working on cars. Such a bad but good combination.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
              Hahaha you working in a uhaul container or a storage facility? Beer and working on cars. Such a bad but good combination.

Storage facility haha. When I got it. I asked if I could make noise out there with like a generator and he said "do whatever you want as long as I get my monthly payment." [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                6.0 in yours? show some pictures man!

Comment

Comment

On a rate from 1-10 how hard was wiring.

Comment

I didn't do the wiring hehe. I hear it's easy. like 3 wires and an ECU flash.

Comment

Wiring is the only thing scaring me honestly. I have the original harness.

Comment

I found a custom harness on craigslist it is cake 6 wires total wired into the c101
                          1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                          COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Did some good ol cleaning with carb cleaner with these Pistons. Man they were fried. But they came out looking brand new. Josh and I came out to the shop. Changed his oil in his car and cleaned these up.

The shop is getting filthy, dirty , and unorganized. Tomorrow we will go to clean it

We are waiting on the head gasket which comes tomorrow and then I reordered the right piston rings. So maybe telling the guys to come up Friday night and we finish putting it all together

Also let me know what I should do if y'all have built an e30, idc what motor, just let me know what ideas yall have!

Idk if I said this before in the posts. And I'm too lazy to even look at it right now because I just got back home and it's midnight. But the garret kit is at my powdercoaters and I'm getting all of it red like the vette covers.

Comment

Wiring is super easy, I just followed Garret's diagrams and went from there. All you need is some powers and grounds. Remember, I think it's the green wire? from the C101 needs to be grounded out for the windows, starter and blower motor to work. You can check the wires to see which one. I only did this for the blower motor as I have my windows wired power on all the time (So I can easily put them up and down loading on the trailer and back off), as well as a start button instead of the key because racecar. I was most worried about the wiring and it honestly took about 1 afternoon to take my time and do all the connections to make it run. Remember if you want to use the stock tach, you will need a 4 cylinder code plug for the cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan1212 View Post
                                Wiring is super easy, I just followed Garret's diagrams and went from there. All you need is some powers and grounds. Remember, I think it's the green wire? from the C101 needs to be grounded out for the windows, starter and blower motor to work. You can check the wires to see which one. I only did this for the blower motor as I have my windows wired power on all the time (So I can easily put them up and down loading on the trailer and back off), as well as a start button instead of the key because racecar. I was most worried about the wiring and it honestly took about 1 afternoon to take my time and do all the connections to make it run. Remember if you want to use the stock tach, you will need a 4 cylinder code plug for the cluster.

Man this made my day. You did that all with a stock harness too? None of that custom stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X