E30/E36 Ls1 radiator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30/E36 Ls1 radiator.

I have been searching for a few hours and find conflicting info on what radiator to use with the swap. Some say e30/e36 some say skyline, some say camaro, so on and so forth. The ones who actually post great photos of the radiator they use, they never post a part number, year, model it came from.
    So rather than playing the guessing game on what one is the proper one to use. lets use this thread to make it clear for everyone.

Brand, part number, photos out of the car, photos in the car, hoses hooked up.
    You get the idea.

EDIT: Here is a great setup.

After a bunch of searching and looking around. I am going to go with the Mishimoto MMRAD-DBP-26
    Last edited by White325is; 02-11-2016, 12:35 PM.

That radiator might be too wide for the E30 chassis. I think its about 27" between the rails and that radiator seems to be more than that.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

It should fit a little tight on the height wise, With some custom brackets it shouldn't be an issue.

The measurements on the MMRAD-DBP-26 is 27" x 19" x 3"

And for the e30/e36 MMRAD-e36-92 it is 27.7" x 17.8" x 2.07"

Comment

Woops nvm i thought you wanted the C4 radiator in the link.
        Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Yeah, That one would be a little thick for the e30. The measurements on it come out around 31.0" x 18.75" x 4.2"

Comment

The E30 is about 700mm (@27.5") between the frame rails. Try a Spectra CU571. The inlet and outlet are in the correct locations, and clear the AC compressor and PS pump pulleys.
            Attached Files
            E30-LS1 aka. 357is
            email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
            E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
            E30LS1@gmail.com
            e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
              The E30 is about 700mm (@27.5") between the frame rails. Try a Spectra CU571. The inlet and outlet are in the correct locations, and clear the AC compressor and PS pump pulleys.
              i contacted the custom radiator and asked them for the specs that your book said.

they said that a radiator exactly like that would be $450....is there any other option that woud work that would be cheaper then that?
              e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Give the CU571 a try. It does not have a massively thick core; its only 1/8" thinner than the "custom" radiator we have in our car. We had no cooling problems in traffic at 95degs outside with the A/C running. Our "custom" radiator was from JTR. The RH end we had to re-cap so that the outlet would be at the bottom like the CU571. The 571 radiator is less than $120.
                E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
                E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
                E30LS1@gmail.com
                e30ls1.com

Comment

i went ahead and got the r32 gtr radiator
                  e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

I also went with a R32 Aluminum radiator from Jegs. Finally received it today. Cant wait to fit it!
                    My Garage
                    09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                    09 E92 335i Msport
                    09 E70 X5 4.8
                    88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
                    87 325i m50 swap
                    87 325es

Comment

Comment

Interesting support you made there, may i ask why go through that trouble?
                        My Garage
                        09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                        09 E92 335i Msport
                        09 E70 X5 4.8
                        88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
                        87 325i m50 swap
                        87 325es

Comment

The old rad support was destroyed on the bottom from someone jacking up on it. I had already made the plans to have a removable rad support and I wanted to bolt a skid plate to it.
                          So in the end making a new frame was going to be a lot better and stronger than finding a used rad support and fitting it back in. And this is what the customer wanted. So I do what I am paid to do.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                            The old rad support was destroyed on the bottom from someone jacking up on it. I had already made the plans to have a removable rad support and I wanted to bolt a skid plate to it.
                            So in the end making a new frame was going to be a lot better and stronger than finding a used rad support and fitting it back in. And this is what the customer wanted. So I do what I am paid to do.
                            Fair enough, makes sense. Looking forward to seeing the final product!
                            My Garage
                            09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                            09 E92 335i Msport
                            09 E70 X5 4.8
                            87 325i m50 swap
                            87 325es

Comment

Not to far off. Mounts are made, headers are made, booster and linkage is done. Supports added. I will past up a whole thread when she is finished.

Comment

Working...
                              X