Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LS1 swap headers options (5th ben camaro exhaust manifolds?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on this?
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

I lost interest on the swap because Californias lame smog laws, so I have been focusing on other parts of the build. But I did just buy e34 540i brake booster parts to relocate my brake booster incase I do end up with the ls1 swap. As for the headers, I would probably just buy the CXRacing "High Performance Headers Oval Exhaust Kit" since you can use the oem lollypops and oem steering coupling.
      First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

The GTO manifolds did not fit with the sikky mounts. I ended up buying sikky longtubes
        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

i bought a 2014 camaro SS LS3/TR6060 drop out for my swap and can report that the Camaro headers do not fit. Going to try the 05-13 corvette headers since sgtskid recommended them and they look almost exactly like Pootis' modification to 97-99 corvette headers. Just going to weld some vband flanges on them to replace the stock flanges and then just have the exhaust shop figure out the rest. Will report back if they work and what modifications were required.

Comment

I bought two sets of the cheap ~$120 stainless ebay headers. One set with the center exit and one set with the rear exit. I used the rearward exit on the passenger side with a vband welded in place of the regular 3 bolt flange and one the driver side picked up a mandrel bent 90 from o'reilly for $20 and welded it and a vband to clear the stock steering shaft. It's not show worthy but might be if I got around to ceramic costing them.
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
            X